Published on February 12th, 2019 | by BoyleToday.com0
School reopens after bomb scare
St. Nathy’s College in Ballaghaderreen will reopen this morning (Tuesday) following a hoax bomb alert that led to the evacuation of the school on Monday morning.
A caller is alleged to have said there was a device on the premises.
Castlerea Gardai conducted a search of the school building and nothing was found.
Students were sent home and the school remained closed for the day.
In a statement a spokesperson for the school said:
“Following on from information received from Castlerea Garda Station a decision was taken to close St. Nathy’s College on Monday February 11th to ensure the safety of all students and Staff.”
“Gardai informed us that they had received information that an alleged device had been left on the school premises. A number of Gardai attended the school where a detailed search was conducted and nothing was found. Investigations are ongoing by the Gardai” the statement concluded
(Image via Google Maps)