Published on May 17th, 2016 | by BoyleToday.com
Arigna Mining in top 10 Landmarks
Well known local tourist attraction, the Arigna Mining Experience has been listed in TripAdvisors “Top 10 Irish Landmarks for 2016”.
The former working mine which has been turned into a guided tour facility is now ranked among the best landmarks in Ireland.
TripAdvisor says the awards are based on “millions of valuable reviews and opinions by advisor travellers”
The top ten are as follows:
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin
- Blarney Castle & Gardens, Co. Cork
- Trinity College, Dublin
- Muckross House & Gardens, Co. Kerry
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
- Dun Dúchathair, Aran Islands
- Bunratty Castle, Co. Clare
- Arigna Mining Experience, Co. Roscommon
- Leap Castle, Roscrea, Co. Offaly
- Glendalough, Co. Wicklow
“We’re delighted that people that people rate us so highly,” commented Valerie Stenson, Manager at the Arigna Mining Experience.
“We’re a community tourism initiative preserving our 400-year coal mining history. Everybody is proud of it, and we try to give the best possible customer experience.”