Boyle’s Lough Key Forest Park has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Irish Independent Reader Travel Awards.
The Park is listed in the ‘Ireland’s Favourite Local Attraction’ category.
Others in this category are Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk, Howth Cliff Walk, Phoenix Park and Waterford Greenway.
Commenting on the shortlisting a spokesperson for Lough Key Forest Park said: “What makes this shortlisiting even more special is that it is the Readers Choice Awards “not as the industry sees it, but as you see it” which means so much to us here at Lough Key Forest Park. We are overwhelmed and very thankful of everyone’s support this year and we are looking forward January 2020″
Judges for the awards are:
- Pól Ó Conghaile, Travel Editor of Weekend Magazine and Independent.ie.
- Francis Brennan, Hotelier and TV Presenter
- Rachel Duggan, Editor of the Irish Independent’s Weekend magazine
- Niall Treacy, Director of Marketing with Fáilte Ireland, the National Tourism Development Authority.
- John Brennan, Runs the Park Hotel with his brother Francis
- Katy McGuinness, Food writer and restaurant critic with the Irish Independent’s Weekend magazine.
The awards ceremony will take place in Dublin’s Mansion House on Friday January 17th.