Boyle remains a relatively crime free town according to figures released this week by the Central Statistics Office.
Figures for the first six months of 2016 show that damage to property and the environment was the highest recorded crime at Boyle Garda Station.
The full breakdown of reported crime at Boyle Garda Station according to the CSO is as follow:
* Damage to property and the environment – 7
* Burglaries and related offences – 4
* Public order and social code offences – 3
* Attempts/threats to murder, assault, harrasment – 3
* Theft and related offences – 3
* Controlled drug offences – 2
* Robbery, extortion and hijackings – 1
* Fraud, deception and related offences – 1
In the general Roscommon/Longford Garda Division, the figures show an overall increase in the first quarter in the number of reported rapes/sexual assaults, burglaries and drug offences.
Boyle had the lowest record of burglaries in the county for the first quarter at 4 with Castlerea (8), Roscommon (7) and Ballaghaderreen (4).
Storkestown had no recorded burglaries in the period.