A ‘productive and helpful’ meeting between members of Boyle Town Team/Chamber of Commerce and Minister of State Frank Feighan took place in Boyle on Monday morning.
The meeting was held to discuss and brief Minister Feighan on the numerous projects planned for the town and to seek his assistance with others.
Chairman of Boyle Town Team Brian Nerney and President of Boyle Chamber of Commerce Michael Keville jointly welcomed Minister Feighan back to Boyle and congratulated him on his elevation to the position of Minister of State in the Department of Health.
The meeting covered a number of items including:
- The redevelopment of the Royal Building
- The opening of the Lough Key to Boyle cyclepath and it’s extension
- The Termon Lands Sports Project
- Protecting the future of Boyle Garda Station
- The proposed upgrade of the Pleasure Grounds and rear of Main Street
- Redevelopment of the 2nd Gate Lodge in Rockingham
- The benefits of remote working to a town like Boyle
- Recent applications under the Town and Village and Clar schemes
- The need for a hotel in Boyle and how this can be achieved
- Better utilization of Boyle Primary Care Centre
- Attracting investment to the town with associated jobs
- Importance of a drug strategy for rural towns like Boyle
Thanking the Town Team and Chamber, Minister Feighan said it was ‘hugely beneficial to have two proactive and positive groups to work with’.
He said great opportunities currently exist for private investors to set up in Boyle and capatalise on the projects that are earmarked for the town.
He accepted the need for a hotel and agreed with the sentiment of the Town Team and Chamber that such a facility would be a lot more viable in a town like Boyle, with all it’s tourist facilities, than in many other towns.
In conclusion Minister Feighan said he looked forward to the many projects coming on stream in the next year or two and added that he would assist the Town Team and Chamber in their endeavors.
(Photograph shows members of Boyle Town Team and Chamber of Commerce with Minister Feighan and his advisers in the Spool Factory)