A number of buildings in and around Boyle have been approved for funding under the Historic Structures Fund and the Built Heritage Investment Scheme.
The buildings include:
- The Harrington Studio in the grounds of King House is to receive €15,000
- Kingston Hall stable building, Rockingham is to receive €4,000
- St Patrick’s Church Crossna is to receive €4,500
- Workmans Cottage, Erronagh, Knockvicar, Boyle is to receive €4,000
- The Gatehouse, Croghan, Boyle is to receive €3,000
- Stable Yard Wall, Moylurg House, Cloger, Boyle is to receive €2,500
The funding was announced by Minister for Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht, Josepha Madigan TD and covers 478 heritage projects across every county in the country who will benefit from a combined €4.3m.