Five G.P.’s in Boyle have to date signed up to provide free medical health care for children under 6.
The five are:
* Dr Marie Therese Brogan, Mockmoyne, Boyle.
* Dr Barry Cosgrove, Boyle Medical Centre, Carrick Road, Boyle.
* Dr Colm Loftus, Loftus Medical Centre, Abbeytown, Boyle.
* Dr Katie Loftus, Loftus Medical Centre, Abbeytown, Boyle.
* Dr Margaret Loftus, Loftus Medical Centre, Abbeytown, Boyle.
Minister for Health Leo Varadkar and Minister for Primary Care, Social Care & Mental Health, Kathleen Lynch recently welcomed the agreement between the Department of Health, the HSE and the Irish Medical Organisation on terms for the delivery of free GP care for all children aged under 6.
A number of GPs had expressed concern nationally about their ability to take part in the scheme, saying they don’t have the resources to deal with the anticipated increase in workload.
There are 35 GP’s registered for the scheme in County Roscommon.
If you wish to register your child for the scheme, you can do so at www.gpvisitcard.ie