As Storm Ali hits, Met Eireann has advised of extreme caution with very windy or storm conditions today, Wednesday, with strong gale force southwesterly winds, accompanied by severe and damaging gusts this morning. Extreme caution is advised, especially in coastal regions of the province. Heavy rain this morning will turn to sunny spells and showers this afternoon. Winds will ease later today. Maximum temperatures of 13 to 15 degrees.
One motorist travelling on R294 (Old Carrick Road) had a lucky escape when a tree fell on their vehicle.
- Ireland West Airport are advising passengers to check with their airline today for the updated flight status.
- 8.23am Tree blocking R295 after Foxe’s Den pub in Keash
- 8.30am N4 partially blocked between Newtownforbes and Longford
- 8.45am Tree blocking road at Brislagh outside Boyle
- 9.00am Tree partially blocking N4 at Ardcarne
- 9.15am R294 (old Carrick Rd) partially blocked at Carrickmore
- 9.20am Tree partially blocking Maple Drive
- 10am All roads to Lough Key Forest Park blocked
- 11am: Major delays on Dublin – Sligo rail line
- Music and Italian classes cancelled in Family Resource Centre
- Drumanilra Farm Kitchen closed for remainder of Wednesday
(Cancellations and road blockages to [email protected] or text to 0862575032)