Published on September 3rd, 2019 | by BoyleToday.com0
Successful ‘Taste of Boyle’ night
Over 60 people attended Monday evening’s successful ‘Taste the Island’ Producer & Provider Networking Event which was held in Boyle.
Organised by Una Bhan Tourism in conjunction with Boyle Town Team, the evening’s aim was to promote food tourism and the use of local produce in the region while also providing a networking opportunity for existing and newly established food, drink and tourism businesses in the Boyle area.
Attendees heard from an array of speakers including:
- Sarah McCarthy, Fáilte Ireland Hidden Heartlands Project Officer
- Sham Hanifa, Owner and Head Chef The Cottage Restaurant and Synergy Café and producer of the award winning Sham’s Sauces
- Pascal Gillard Co-Owner, Owner of Jinny’s Bakery and Tea Rooms
- David Porter, Executive Head Chef Kilronan Castle
- Sabrina Brady, Tourism Development and Marketing Officer, Una Bhan Tourism
- Brian Nerney, Chairman Boyle Town Team and proprietor of the Spool Factory and Boyletoday.com
The speakers highlighted all the area has to offer with the importance of using local produce where possible in local restaurants.
The exciting plans that lie ahead for Boyle were also discussed and the opportunities they present for business in the area.
A number of exhibitors had stands on the event which proved very popular including:
- Bockagh Farm
- Richmount Cordial
- Good Health Clinic
- Pollnamaughill Organic Farm
- Evelyn’s Country Market Hampers
- Drumanilra Farm Kitchen
- Jinny’s Bakery
- MZ Microgreens
- Leitrim Hill Goats Cheese
- Local Enterprise Office
- Roscommon Leader Partnership
- Ballymore Organic Farm
(Main photograph shows Sham Hanifa, Pascal Gillard, Sarah McCarthy, Dave Porter and Brian Nerney – speakers at the Taste of Boyle)