The Maternity Unit in Sligo University Hospital along with Mayo, Portiuncula and UHG are arranging for women who are between 14 and 36 weeks’ gestation to get their COVID-19 vaccine at the vaccination centres closest to the Maternity Unit.
Women who have antenatal appointments will have an opportunity to discuss the COVID-19 vaccine with their midwife or doctor. Afterwards their contact details will be passed on to the vaccination centre to arrange an appointment, should they decide to proceed with vaccination.
In addition the hospitals have COVID-19 vaccination telephone numbers for pregnant women between 14 and 36 weeks’ gestation to call if they are interested in getting the vaccine. The numbers for each Maternity Unit are as follows:
- University Hospital Galway: 086 791 3854 from 9am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- Letterkenny University Hospital: 074 912 3513 from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Portiuncula University Hospital: 090 964 8372 from 9am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- Mayo University Hospital: 094 904 2313 from 10am to 1pm.
- Sligo University Hospital: 071 919 0300 from 2pm to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Pregnant women are being offered an mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.
All antenatal outpatient appointments are going ahead.