Published on September 26th, 2019 | by BoyleToday.com
€150k for landmark Boyle property
A landmark Boyle property has gone on the market.
The former Boyle Presbyterian Methodist Church and adjacent 4 bedroomed house on Shop Street is for sale by private treaty with a guide price of €150,000.
The total floor area is 166 msq.
2 Reception Rooms
In Need of Modernisation
Built in 1858
Single Storey Gable Fronted Church
Timber Panelled Double Doors to Main Entrance
Corridor to Connecting Adjacent Manse
Outbuilding to Rear
This is a Listed Building
Large Town Centre Site€” Approx. 800m2
Enclosed yard to the rear
Car Parking to the side
According to the Estate Agents Smith Kelly Scott ” The property is ideally situated in Boyle Town Centre on an elevated site and would be suitable for many uses including community activities, business opportunities, residential and lots more.
Further details from Mike Smith, Smith Kelly Scott on 071 9662124 or 086 2531736.
Boyle church, otherwise known as Boyle Federal church, is the result of an early co-operation agreement between the Methodist Church and the Presbyterian Church in the town of Boyle. The small congregations in the two separate churches agreed to join together and to meet for worship in the Presbyterian church, since it was in better repair, with services there conducted on alternate Sundays by the Methodist and Presbyterian ministers. Meanwhile, the old Methodist church was sold and has since been demolished.
Boyle Methodist church and its successor, the Methodist & Presbyterian church, were part of the Drumshanbo Methodist circuit, which later amalgamated with the Sligo circuit to form the Sligo & Drumshanbo circuit (renamed the North Connacht circuit in 2002). The minister residing in Drumshanbo was responsible for the Boyle Methodist members, and preached in Boyle on alternate Sundays. When falling numbers resulted in the withdrawal of the Drumshanbo minister, the responsibility passed to the minister residing in Sligo.