The Online Lotto was drawn on the 26th of June , 2022 for €14,500. The numbers drawn were 21, 23, 28 & 31. We had 1 matching 3 winner with Enda Cummins winning €100. The jackpot was not won. The jackpot was not won and now stands at €14,600 for next weeks draw, the 3rd July at 9pm. The club have together lotto teams again and will have a roster of every 4 months for teams so thank you all for nominating yourselves to help with this. Lotto tickets are available at our local outlets in Elphin Street Dry Cleaners, Londis, Better Buy & Spar (Corrib Oil). They’re also available online on the Klub Funder website https://www.klubfunder.com/Clubs/Boyle%20GAA/lotto
– The McGovern Civil Senior Men had a convincing win over Roscommon Gaels in the League Quarter Final last Friday evening. They left the pitch on a score line of 2.09 to 1.06.
– The U13 boys were defeated by Strokestown in the Keenan Cup.
Our Nordson Medical U14 Girls saw all of their hard work rewarded as they took the Division 3 League title home after a hard fought battle with St Barry’s in Elphin last Thursday. Well done to all involved – the players, management, backroom team, and supporters – ye are a credit to Boyle LGFA!
Team listing: A. Brogan, L. O’Shaughnessy, G. Murphy, R. Casey, E. Mullen, R. Sweeney, O. Connolly, G. Sweeney, G. McLoughlin, A. Tonry, M. K. McCarthy, A. O Connor, G. Wynne, R. Sheerin, A. O’Donnell, C. Higgins, A. O Donohoe, U. Padimaskaite, R. Carroll, H. Fitzhenry, A. Sheedy, C. Kennedy, G. Moran, J. Moore, E. Fitzpatrick, M. Fitzpatrick, A. Cooney, R. Costello, A. Regan, N. Vetlgina
– U14 Camogie team had a great win over Roscommon Gaels in the League Semi-Final – wishing the girls & all involved the best of luck as they now prepare to meet Athleague in the County Final this Thursday, June 30 at 7pm in Abbey Park.
– U12 Cheetahs had a great competitive game against Athleague but were narrowly defeated. Meanwhile, the U12 Leopards had their game versus Padraig Pearses postponed.
Around the Club
– Well done to Boyle GAA U15 players Kevin O’Dowd and Ruadhán Kennedy who represented Carrick hurling club at Hurling Feile na nGael in Meath today.
-Well done to the Roscommon making the semi-final of the intermediate All Ireland Ladies Football competition. As always best of Luck to our 2 Girls Roisin and Saoirse Wynne! please support and fly your flags!!
Rise & Shine Superstars
Our Nursery programme had their last nursery training on Monday evening. Even in such a short time, we have seen such improvement on the children’s basic skills and it isn’t just down to the coaching on the day its down to the parents and children during the week practicing what your coaches have showed them and being better at it the following week. Thanks to Lorna Hanmore for her great work in organising this again this year and her team of coaches , the 60 + kids and their parents. The kids received their medals with some enjoying their first season of GAA.
The McGovern Civils Senior Mens team played in their quarter final last Friday in Lisnamult, Roscommon, against Ros Gaels. The game was pushed back to 8.15 due to heavy rain. Boyle started well with Cian McKeon getting the half’s only major with Colly Goldrick doing well up front. Half time score was 1.07 to 3 points in Boyles favour. Second half Roscommon Gaels fought back and came with 2points with a well taken goal and a brace of points. Enda smith scoring the second goal for Boyle, securing the win. Good performances from Conor Flanagan, Sean Purcell, Luke Glennon Cian McKeon and Colly Goldrick. Well done to Eden Kerins on making his first appearance for the Seniors. Boyle now face Clann Na nGael in the Semi final in Rockfield on Saturday at 5.30pm. All welcome to support on Saturday! Please Share the fixture!
Division 1 O’Rourke Cup Semi Final
Saturday July 2nd at 5.30 in Rockfield (Oran) – Clann na nGael v Boyle