The Online Lotto was drawn on September 4th, 2022 for €15,500. The numbers drawn were 9, 17, 28 and 31. We had no match 3 winner, and the jackpot was not won. The jackpot now stands at €15,600 for next week’s draw on September 11th at 9pm. Lotto tickets are available at our local outlets in Elphin Street Dry Cleaners, Londis, Better Buy & Spar (Corrib Oil). They’re also available online on the Klub Funder website by searching Boyle GAA. Thanks to all the shops, businesses, and pubs around the town for having us – we greatly appreciate it! https://www.klubfunder.com/Clubs/Boyle%20GAA/lotto
– The Under 11 Boys played Oran Hurling Club in the Go Games.
– The Under 13 Boys defeated Elphin-Ballinameen in the Divison 2 Championship.
– The Under 17 Boys drew with Elphin-Ballinameen in the Division 2 Championship.
– The Under 15 Boys had a good win over Tulsk Lord Edwards in the Division 3 Championship.
– The Under 15 Boys Division 3 Championship game with Western Gaels scheduled for Sunday, September 4th was cancelled.
– The Corrib Oil sponsored Under 19 Girls defeated Oran in the League Final on a scoreline of 2-11 to 3-05.
– The Under 17 Boys host Padraig Pearses at the Abbey Park on Monday, September 5th.
– The Under 13 Boys Division Two team will travel to Frenchpark to face Western Gaels on Tuesday, September 6th at 7.15pm.
– The Under 13 Boys Division Four team will also face Western Gaels in Frenchpark on Thursday, September 8th at 7.15pm.
– The Under 13 Boys Division Two team play Éire Óg/ Michael Glaveys on Saturday, September 10th at 11am at the Abbey Park.
– The Under 20 Men’s Team will face Padraig Pearses in the Under 20 Championship Semi Final on Saturday, September 10th at 7pm in Kilbride.
– The M Kerins Construction and The Well sponsored Intermediate Ladies face St. Barry’s on Sunday, September 11th at 11am in Tarmonbarry.
– The Under 15 Boys play Western Gaels on Sunday, September 11th at 6pm at the Abbey Park.
Under 19 Girls win league
Congratulations to our Corrib Oil sponsored Under 19 Girls who won the league following a three-point victory over Oran on Wednesday last at the Abbey Park.
This concludes the 2022 campaign for the Under 19 players so Boyle LGFA would like to thank players and management for all their commitment over the last few weeks.
Around the Club
Boyle Camogie Club hosted an Under 10 All County Blitz on Sunday, September 4th. 13 teams from 7 clubs participated in the blitz with 118 players taking part.
Boyle Camogie Club would like to say a big thank you to all the clubs for travelling, the coaches across the county for their hard work and commitment, and the camogie committee for making today possible. To all the parents who prepared and served food throughout the morning, and Cooney’s Centra for preparing and the County Board for sponsoring goodie bags for all the players, thank you so much. A special thank you to the girls from our u14 team who were the referees this morning, we couldn’t have run the event without you.
Finally, Boyle Camogie Club would like to thank Boyle GAA Club for facilitating the event and for the fantastic condition of the pitch.
Under 20 Championship Semi Final
Our National Automation Limited sponsored Under 20 team will face Padraig Pearses in the Semi Final of the Championship in Kilbride on Saturday, September 10th at 7pm. Best of luck to players and management!
Boyle GAA will also host Under 20 Division Two Championship Semi Final between Elphin-Ballinameen and Kilmore/ Shannon Gaels which also takes place on Saturday, September 10th with a 4pm throw-in time scheduled.
Round 3 Football Championships Rescheduled
Following last week’s postponements, Our McGovern Civils sponsored Senior Men’s final Senior Football Championship group game against Clann na nGael has been rescheduled.
The game will now take place on Saturday, September 17th at Dr. Hyde Park at 5.30pm.
Our Cooney Motors sponsored Junior Men meanwhile will conclude their group stage with a game against neighbours St. Michael’s on Sunday, September 18th at 4.30pm.
Points off the Field!!
Well done to all players who received their Leaving Cert results last week!
Boyle GAA Club would like to extend sincere sympathies to the Leonard family on the passing of their sister Mary. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam.
Condolences also to the Corcoran Family on the Passing of Bill Corcoran Last week. Bill played in goals for Boyle in the 1950s and was Mayor of Boyle in 1956.