Published on December 24th, 2018 | by BoyleToday.com
Animal welfare groups get funding
A number of animal welfare organisations in Roscommon have been the recipients of funding by Agriculture Minister Michael Creed.
- Roscommon SPCA Castlerea €20,000
- TNR Mount Talbot Roscommon €3,000
- Athlone and West SPCA, Dysart €5,000
- Fairyglen Animal Sanctury, Arigna €10,000
Also receiving funding are:
- Precious Paws Sanctury, Gurteen €3000
- Sathya Sai Sanctury, Castlebaldwin €13,500
- Leitrim Animal Welfare Sanctury €17,000
In announcing the funding Minister Creed said: “it gives me great pleasure in awarding this funding, which is the largest ever allocation of funding by my Department to animal welfare organisations”. The Minister went on to acknowledge that ‘we are very fortunate in Ireland in having a voluntary sector dedicated to animal welfare and the organisations in receipt of today’s funding, together with their staff and volunteers, provide great support and commitment to protecting surrendered, abandoned and at-risk animals”.
The allocations have been welcomed by Senator Frank Feighan.