The Lotto was drawn online on Sunday, December 11, 2022 for €16,900. The numbers drawn were 5, 6, 23 & 26. Our match three winners were Denise Ryan, Mike Jnr Smith, Ann Clarke and Katerina Fitzpatrick – the jackpot was not won. The jackpot now stands at a whopping €17,000. The next draw (along with the special Christmas draw) will take place in The Well on Sunday December 11. Lotto tickets are available at our local outlets in Elphin Street Dry Cleaners, Londis, Better Buy & Spar (Corrib Oil). They’re also available online on the Klub Funder website by searching Boyle GAA. Thanks to all the shops, businesses, and pubs around the town for having us – we greatly appreciate it!
RESULTS & FIXTURES
– Our U15 Boys were narrowly defeated by Tulsk in the final of the McGlynn Cup in Tarmonbarry at the weekend. A late Tulsk goal was the deciding factor in a close encounter. This brings the season to a close for the team. A big thank you to the team and management for their commitment throughout the year – they really appreciated all of the supporters joining them also. Team: Zach Smith, Ben Kilroy, Ben Sheerin, Luke Kelly, Ruadhán Kennedy, Cathal Garavan, Cillian Kenny, George O’Connor, Aaron Corrigan, Kelvin Gaffney, Kyran Downes, Kevin O’Dowd, Paddy Sharkey, Daithi McKeon, Ryan MacPherson, Alex Keogan, Edwin George.
– The Garda Cup Final due to be played in the Abbey Park on Sunday, December 11 was unfortunately postponed due to the pitch being frozen. Fixture details to follow for this game between St Kevin’s and St Croan’s / Oran.
AROUND THE CLUB
– Boyle GAA / LGFA Dinner Dance: Taking place on Saturday, January 14 in Kilronan Castle, drinks reception from 7.15pm. Tickets are €45 and are on sale via Klubfunder (link on Facebook). Be sure to grab your ticket as they’ll be in high demand this year with a presentation for both the Intermediate Ladies and Senior Men.
– Baby Blessings: Hearty congratulations to Roch and his partner Lorna on welcoming their third child into the world. As a house already so involved in the club we look forward to seeing him at many club activities in the future.
– Plant the Planet: Roisin Wynne, member of the Boyle and Roscommon Intermediate Ladies panels has given us an update on her incredible trip to Kenya with the Warriors for Humanity – head over to Facebook / Instagram to see the full write up, you may also spot Mairead Colgan, another Boyle woman, along with Ultan Harney in the photos!
The club wishes to extend condolences to the O’Connor family on the death of Saran, and also to the Finn and Keenan families on Finola’s passing.