€185k for Roscommon Sports Clubs
A number of sports clubs in County Roscommon were the recipients of Sports Capital Funding from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.
- Cam Community and Sports Centre: Refurbishment of Playing Facility – €34,900
- Castlerea St Kevins GAA club: Dressing rooms, showers and toilets – €53,800
- Eire Og GAA club: Flood lights and ball stop nets on training field – €13,800
- Kilbride GAA club: Gymnasium – €40,100
- Lough Harps FC: Drain and resurface playing field – €9,400
- St Coman’s Handball club: Refurbishment of 60 x 30 Alley – €5,800
- St Michael’s GAA club: Develop training pitch €27,500
Fine Gael Senator Frank Feighan has welcomed the funding saying:
“These Roscommon beneficiaries were among the 187 submissions nationwide which related to applications deemed invalid under the 2017 round of the programme and who have now submitted corrected documentation.
“These applications were assessed first and Minister Shane Ross informed me recently that that it will be towards the end of Q2 2019, at the earliest, before the full set of allocations under the 2018 round of the Sports Capital programme are announced.
“The Sports Capital Programme represents an excellent value for money investment. It is crucial we invest in sport and the health of our population, particularly with obesity on the rise.
“Investing in sport is good for the health of the nation, both literally and economically.”
Deputy Denis Naughten and Deputy Eugene Murphy have also welcomed the allocations.